Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met.
Jacket art by Chris Bilheimer. Jacket design by Alison Klapthor.
“A remarkable gift of a novel.” —Andrew Smith, author of Grasshopper Jungle
“I am so in love with this book.” —Nina LaCour, author of Hold Still
“Feels timelessly, effortlessly now.” —Tim Federle, author of Better Nate Than Ever
“The best kind of love story.” —Alex Sanchez, Lambda Award-winning author
Awards and Accolades
William C. Morris Award Winner: Best Young Adult Debut of the Year
National Book Award Longlist
Pennsylvania Young Readers’ Choice Award Nominee for Young Adults
Lincoln Award Nominee
Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Debut Goodreads Author, and for Young Adult Fiction
Love, Simon Movie Tie-In Edition
This movie tie-in edition includes:
- A behind-the-scenes interview with Becky, director Greg Berlanti, and leading guy Nick Robinson.
- And official movie stills from Love, Simon!
Special Edition Hardcover
This new edition includes:
- Brand new emails between Simon and Blue.
- A behind-the-scenes scrapbook of Becky’s pictures from the Love, Simon set.
- Transcript of a conversation with fellow YA authors and BFFs Angie Thomas and Adam Silvera.